Of course, with the recent top ten list, I got to thinking about the gnome copters. Have I ever actually been on one? No! So I home teleported and walked north to where I thought the copters lifted off from. I walked past the cabbage field and Farmer Fred's sheep to a gate north of Lumbridge. There was a cow calf near the gate, and I considered attacking it, but then decided that now wasn't the time and continued northward. Passing through the gate, I saw there were many more cows there, but obviously they were for the gnomes, who I assumed were there also. When I reached the gnome copter lift-off area, there were four copters lined up in a neat little row. Next to them, sitting in a chair, was a gnome named Hieronymus. I asked him about the gnome copters.
He told me how he and Sasquine had invented them, and were now offering tours of the members world to non-members. Even though I remarked that I could go those places myself, I thought it would be pretty cool to go on one. But first, I checked out what the general store had to offer. There were many normal things, but there were also buckets of water, redberries, chef's hats, and spinach rolls! There was also a row of deposit boxes, which I declined to use.
When I was ready to leave, I spoke to Sasquine and I, being a first-time flier, apparently needed a rundown. He explained to me that I couldn't get off and I had to click the "Return to Lumbridge" button when I was ready to be done. He also told me that although the default was autopilot, I could fly myself if I wanted to. He'd be narrating the tour for me from his chair. The last thing he said was to not touch the --- and then he cut himself off. I wanted to know what not to touch, but I shut up. Then he told me it was a joke. Funny, to be frank. He asked where I wanted to go. I just chose the first option on the list, Lletya, which I've never been anyway. He gave me a ticket. I read it - "Gnomecopter ticket: Lletya. Ref. #00041549" I had to unequip my axe to board the gnome copter, needing both hands free. I did so and hopped aboard.
They were much slower than I expected, but I got to Lletya in no time. The copter told me not to talk to the elves, and I have a feeling the people couldn't see me either, so I turned off autopilot and flew around. I listened to the tour guide on Lletya, but heard nothing I didn't know, so I went off. I clicked the button that looked like home teleport, and it took me back to Lumbridge. Apparently, I completed a medium task in the achievement diary too! So I had fun, found a new general store, and helped out my achievement diary. Not bad for a ten minute flight. Too bad they didn't have peanuts.
Saturday, August 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment