Friday, October 3, 2008

Hottrot at the Fair

Ever since the Distractions and Diversions upgrade has been released about a week ago, I was anxious to see how the circus would turn out. When I found the ticket vendor jumping around behind the portal, I was ecstatic.

Photobucket

I grabbed a ticket and proceeded to the big top, where I was greeted by Balthazar Beauregaurde, the demonic ringmaster.

Photobucket

I looked around, wondering what to do first, I saw a curtained changing booth, and proceeded into it. When I emerged, I found myself on a balance beam platform high above the circus. I was dressed in an acrobat's attire, which clued me in to the fact that I was to perform on the tightrope. I conversed with the fairy, then went off to the box to check what props I could get.

Photobucket

I grabbed one of each to be able to comply with every request, then walked out onto the tightrope in my suit. There was a smattering of applause, and I began my performance.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I respected the audience's requests, and when I was done, I was awarded with some acrobat shoes for my dazzling performance. I next moved to the wizard, and started the performance by grabbing spell tablets. I performed spell after spell, once accidentally doing to of the same in a row, to the dissapointment of the crowd.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I didn't do that well in the performance, but Balthazar wouldn't let me leave empty-handed and gave me a skirt for my trouble. Next I moved to the final event, the ranged competition. I grabbed some throwing axes, for a change of pace, and started the competition. I threw from a variety of different places, and at the end, I was rewarded with a Ranged level of 43 and a piece of the acrobat costume.

Photobucket]

I exited the circus, ticket torn up and wearing my acrobat clothes.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Overall, I think the fair was a very positive experience, and I'll make sure to make it a weekly visiting point.

No comments: